St Mary's Church Charlbury with Shorthampton

The Exterior of St Mary’s

The Tower was built in the 13th century, but its west door (no longer used) was inserted at the end of the 15th century when the height of the tower was increased by one storey.

The four-faced Clock was installed in 1885.

The sundial on the south wall is dated 1776.

The four-faced Clock was installed in 1885.        The sundial on the south wall is dated 1776.

tower                              sundial (1)